Fun New Website!!

Suggsested new website: Okay, I just came across this fabulous website, which you can buy T-shirts, that say "Mommy needs a cocktail" !!! LOVE IT!!!! They have blogs and lots of fun mommy banter. Check it out - http://mommyneedsacocktail.com/


from my sister-in-law....
http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/index.php
Hungry Girl, is a website set up to provide you with latest diets and low cal ideas for dinner etc... There are weekly weigh-ins and chats to join. Check out this fun website!
~ Thanks Brenda!




Monday, July 14, 2008

Motherless Daughter

Well, today would have been my mother's 70th Birthday. July 14th . Its been 11 1/2 yrs since she passed away, and I still miss her dearly. I miss everything about her. I wish I could have asked her all about parenting, and wrote down all the advice she could dish out. But I was young, and I didn't. I still have so many things to talk to her about, so many things to ask her.... I sit here now, typing this with tears rolling down my face. She passed away of Cancer when she was a young 58 yrs old. She was an artist. Her paintings hang in all of her children's homes, and admired by many. I remember her most for her strength. She was just a very strong woman in so many ways. She was a "tough cookie" as they used to say. She would tell it like it is, and never bit her tongue. She was kind, and loving and very very special to me.

I only wish that I can live a long life for my children, and be able to see my children get married and have children of their own. I can't imagine my daughters with out me. Boys usually learn to live, and move on, and cope better. Girls seem to loose a piece of their soul when their mother dies. And I do not wish that on them. I do not wish that sadness. There was a book I read after my mother died called "Motherless Daughters" and the title sort of explains it all. No matter how old you are, when you loose your mother, the feeling is the same.

God, I thought this would get easier ..........................................

2 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

I'm so sorry, you can tell that your pain is still as fresh as it was 11.5 years ago. I cannot imagine. I hope you can feel comfort in her memory to share with your family!

Mom Knows Everything said...

Both of my parents have passed away from cancer also. My mother passed away 12 years ago and my father 5 years ago. Hugs!