Fun New Website!!

Suggsested new website: Okay, I just came across this fabulous website, which you can buy T-shirts, that say "Mommy needs a cocktail" !!! LOVE IT!!!! They have blogs and lots of fun mommy banter. Check it out - http://mommyneedsacocktail.com/


from my sister-in-law....
http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/index.php
Hungry Girl, is a website set up to provide you with latest diets and low cal ideas for dinner etc... There are weekly weigh-ins and chats to join. Check out this fun website!
~ Thanks Brenda!




Thursday, July 24, 2008

Diet, what diet??? Okay, I really need to get a diet.

What diets have you tried??? .... What diets work?, what diets make you gain MORE? ... There are so many diets out there right now, which one should I choose?? .... hmmmmmmm -- Well , its certainly not the "Let me stay up until midnight w/my girlfriends, gabbing, and finishing 3 bottles of wine" diet!!!! That one is not dropping any lbs for me, but HELL, it was a lot of fun!

My girlfriends and I (5 of us total) met up last night at our friends NEW (HUGE) house, and we finished 3 bottles of wine, 1 bottle of Stoli Raspberry, 1 BBQ Pizza, 1 Buff. Chicken Dip, 1 Fiesta Taco Salad, and a few yummy chocolate brownie/cheesecake creations. Oh ya, there were a few chicken fingers thrown in there too!!! .......... I must have gained 7lbs just in that short period of time. But - it was worth every pound! ..

We laughed, we spilled a few drinks, and we confessed to a few secrets that we have NEVER shared before in all the years we've been friends.

It was a good night!

It was a much needed girl time away from my dear family who I love immensely, even though, I basically RAN out of my house w/the kids tugging onto my legs!!

Okay, anywhoooo --back to the matter at hand, THE POUNDS. -- I have been prego for almost 4 yrs and I am finally DONE. My family is here, and now the real work needs to begin. Everyone says "it takes 9 months to put on, its going to take 9 months to come off" . But really - what happens if its been 4 yrs??? ... is it going to take 4 freakin' years to come off??? It better NOT! ... although, it doesn't come off on its own, right? ...Will it come off even if I only go to the gym every 6 wks? ... uhmmmm NO.

That's it -from this day forward...... its time to get my BUTT in gear!!!!! Yup, I am not going to constantly THINK about food.

hmmmm........ whats for breakfast?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Les - you are too funny!!!!
I shared a few of my secrets with you and I will share with whoever else may be reading this. I have 3 kids ages (5, 3, and 19 months). I reached 200 pounds with 2 pregnancies all but the last one. I think my youngest son was consuming all that extra fat I already had from the previous pregnancies. I went to Aruba in June 2007 and I was 33 pounds heavier than I am now. When my son turned 1 in Nov 07, I was a size 12/14 and just felt the buldge over my pants and the flabby arms and all the cellulite on the back of my legs was GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am happy to say I am in the 130s now and so proud of myself and my dedication. I decided back then that I need to change my eating and exercise routine ASAP! I was very strict for months and cut back on all the bad foods. I now eat a ton of salads and fruit. I workout 5 days a week and in the last 7 months I have passed my goal weight and I feel great. I have more energy than ever and I also got a new wardrobe too. My hubby is not thrilled about that part but he knows that I am happy now and that is all that really matters. Exercise is key for me! Drink lots of water too!!!!! Try 6 small meals a day! You can cheat once and awhile just do not make it an every day habit. There's a lot of food out there that is healthy and still tastes good too. My hubby and i have come up with a workout time schedule for each of us. He does the mornings and I go in the evening after my youngest is in bed. It works out perfect and we both get to go to the gym. Working out is a HUGE stress relief for me also. It's my time alone to crank the ipod, burn lots of cals on the elliptical and sweat my ass off! Good luck and stick to it! You can do it!!! It took me 5+ years to feel good about myself again!

The Mom Jen said...

Ugh...i'm slacking again too on my 'attempt' to thin out. Maybe we can support eachother.

But, yay on the fun night out!!

Anonymous said...

The Battle of the Bulge.. UUGGGHH. Where to begin? So many diet plans, so little willpower. How do I know which diet will work for me? The 'cookie diet', the no-carb diet, nutrisystem, the fruit & salad diet, and the styrofoam peanuts diet - ok, I made that one up. Someone once told me to "smell the cookie, eat the rice cake". Yah, that doesn't work either, although the girl that told me that one has NEVER had a problem with her weight.
I wish I could blame my weight on pregnancy but I can't. So what's my excuse? Not sure since I have been overweight my entire life. At this point in my life, I have stopped asking. My life is not just about ME any more. My life is my husband, my kids, my friends- my family. So, I have chosen not to stress about it, not to obsess about it, not to talk about it all the time but embrace it. I go to the gym and TRY to watch what I eat ( although I'm watching the wrong food groups). I know one thing, I'm happy and I laugh ALOT- that should count for something.