Fun New Website!!

Suggsested new website: Okay, I just came across this fabulous website, which you can buy T-shirts, that say "Mommy needs a cocktail" !!! LOVE IT!!!! They have blogs and lots of fun mommy banter. Check it out - http://mommyneedsacocktail.com/


from my sister-in-law....
http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/index.php
Hungry Girl, is a website set up to provide you with latest diets and low cal ideas for dinner etc... There are weekly weigh-ins and chats to join. Check out this fun website!
~ Thanks Brenda!




Friday, August 1, 2008

Hormone cycles at 2 1/2 yrs old ???

Hormones are ragging..... Both for me, and my 2 1/2 yr old daughter.... I think we are on the same cycle! ... Its been a good 3 days of us fighting back and forth with each other. This seems to happen every 4-5 wks. (For the most part - some weeks are sooner, some are longer).

This week started off at our favorite shopping trip to Target. After we finished shopping we heading over for some "target pizza" which the kids asked specifically for (which is just Pizza Hut Pizza). Well, the lady informed us that they were OUT of pizza, and it would be a while before one was made....

This was her breaking point! ......

"I want PIZZA!" .... she started to scream. Mind you, she hasn't had a temper tantrum in MONTHS, and yet, for some reason all the planets were alligned and the time was right - she MELTED...... refused to leave the store, dropped down on the ground and cried at the top of her lungs. (sigh) I tried to have her stand up, I tried to pull her up, I tried to be nice....... "honey they DONT HAVE any pizza?!" .... finally we were actually making a sceene. I picked her up and put her on TOP of my bags in the carriage, I tried to push it while the babe was in her car seat in the front of the carriage, my bags in the back (which I dont even remember what I bought $) , and Tallula sitting on TOP of my bags, and I am also trying to hold my sons hand as we try to make our way through the parking lot.

Getting her into the car seat was a challenge. As another mom was getting into her car and yells over "Try to do it w/5, then its really difficult!" ...I replied to her useless support with a " No thanks, I am stopping at 3, this is all I can handle".

The car ride (thank goodness was only a few minutes) and my son reminds us that "She needs to go into a TIME OUT, when we get home"... yes, she does. She starts to scream even louder. My headache becomes stronger, and my skin is crawling.......

We get home, she sits right down on the time out mat in the kitchen and continues to cry, while I walk past her and bring in our bags, and the baby. We make a quick lunch, and they go for a nap.

Wakes up pretty happy.... so I am thinking we are doing good..... maybe she just needed to sleep off her mood.... NOPE! ---- 10 min. later back to breakdown mode. I had made them a bowl of ice cream, she melted down because she didn't get jimmies (sprinkles for all of you who aren't from New England).

This was MY Breaking POINT>........

She then looks at me and POOPS in her underwear on purpose!!!!!!!! .... I seriously thought there were flames coming out of my ears. I put her on the potty immediately, took off her undies, and threw them away (there was no way I was keeping that pair) , and I brought her bowl of ice cream into the bathroom, so she could watch me dump it down the sink!! --- NO MORE ICE CREAM! .......

That was 2 dys ago.... she woke up this am moody and demanding once again. This has been a long week. I can not wait for her to get over her period.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh that made me want to go lie down! LOL! Is she too young for Midol? ;-P

Also, how can Pizza Hut be out of pizza? I'd've been tempted to have a tantrum, too!

Debz said...

Is it very unsupportive of me to be laughing my a$$ off at this? Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I just keep commenting...because I think we are kindred spirits! My daughter sounds just like your daughter....can you guess how I voted in your who is easier to raise poll??? Gotta love girls but they can be a challenge!