Fun New Website!!

Suggsested new website: Okay, I just came across this fabulous website, which you can buy T-shirts, that say "Mommy needs a cocktail" !!! LOVE IT!!!! They have blogs and lots of fun mommy banter. Check it out - http://mommyneedsacocktail.com/


from my sister-in-law....
http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/index.php
Hungry Girl, is a website set up to provide you with latest diets and low cal ideas for dinner etc... There are weekly weigh-ins and chats to join. Check out this fun website!
~ Thanks Brenda!




Monday, August 4, 2008

Goodbye 20's, Hello 30's!

Today is my LAST day in my 20's! I turn 30 tomorrow, Aug.5th. It has been one busy decade. Lets look back on it, shall we? ......

- Dated a boy who was a few years older then me. Fell in love. Broke up, dated others, got back together with him, stayed in love with him, married him! (still in love)xooxxo

- Ate a LOT of chocolate.

- Bought a house built in 1880. Constantly doing "projects" every year.

-Tried Wind Surfing (could not do it).

- Was married at age 24 in the same church my parents were married in, and my grandfather built.

- Delivered 3 beautiful babies, via epidural ! -- Now 3 1/2, 2 1/2 and 3 mnths.

-Locked myself (and kids) out of the house a few times... Taught my son how to crawl in through the window & get in & get my keys.

-Weight ranged from 130 -210 at my highest (9 mnths pregnant w/my 3rd baby).

- Had many jobs including Bartending, Waitress, Managing, Office work, Health Ins. customer service, and worked in a Chiropractic office.
-Tried to garden.... Lets just say I dont have a green thumb!

-Dressed up as a Pumpkin, pregnant Nun, pregnant pumpkin, French maid, bunny, and more for Halloween.

-Dated Italian, Greek, and Irish.... love my Irish!
- Continued to stay a Catholic.

- Started my own Baking business out of my kitchen. The Crazy Cake Lady

- Entered the world of MINI-VANS! .. Yes we now own a mini van.

- Traveled throughout the USA, visited the British Islands on a cruise w/my ex-boyfriend (soon to later be my husband!)

- Finally stirred up the courage to get a bikini wax! (NEVER AGAIN)

- Had a lump removed from my breast.

- Went skinny dipping in Miami's South Beach.

- Saw Bruce Springsteen in concert. I LOVE THE BOSS~!

- Graduated from College (never went to my graduation - "just send me the diploma, please!")

- Bruised my ribs falling on my son's Thomas the Train ride on toy, which called for a visit to the ER in the middle of the night. (that was fun)

-Sadly experienced a miscarriage. Grossly experienced a colonoscopy.

- Became CPR certified in both adults and children.
- Danced so hard, I split my pants wide open!

- Flashed my boobs A LOT (before my mommy years).... those were some fun years!

- Had my hair cut & colored multiple times -been blonde, red head, jet black, short & long. Toes all different colors.

- Realized that I need to wear glasses ALL day long.

- Tried to drive a stick shift (car, that is), and was horrible at it....

- Stamped with a tattoo on my behind during my bachelorette in NY City! (With my Vail on, *NO alcohol was included... pure sober moment.)
- Cried, laughed and yelled many times throughout the decade.

- Lived in 3 different apartments before moving into my home.

- Saw Janet Jackson in concert. Miss Jackson if you're nasty! Saw Garth Brooks, Drop Kick Murphy's, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw, and the Allman Brothers in concert. Oh -and K-C and the Sunshine Band, and Ziggy Marley.

- Tried smoking -that lasted for about 2 wks.

- Walked out of many movies, I didn't want to waste my time sitting through....

- Tried Chiropractic care.

- Had over $500 in parking tickets due to the city of Boston.

- Became an Aunt for the 10th time.

-Been a few car accidents...some others fault, some my own. (usually during the winter months)

- Created new friendships, ended some friendships.

- Oh, funny -had my car repode! LOL...that was a funny time in my life. (thought it was stolen)

- Been called Mama, mom, Les, mama les, daughter, friend, enemy, sis, auntie, and many others.

- Attended Cake Decorating classes.

- Been on a few blind dates.

- Taught my children their letters & numbers, their manners, and how to be emotional & impatient. (I have to work on that!)

- Listened to motivational speakers. Purchased motivational tapes (listened to them once, I have no idea where they are now? .... prob. should find them, they might help! LOL)
- Voted for the Presidency.
-Watched the Boston Red Sox win the World Series twice! And the New England Patriots win the Super Bowl 3 times!

- Drank cheap wine and expensive champagne.

I am sure there are much much more events..... And I am sure there is much more to come. I am looking into my 30's with open eyes. I am going to try my hardest to "LET IT GO" and learn to be flexible.... we'll see ..............................

My goals & promises for my 30's ???? ----


- Raise 3 wonderful children the best I possibly can.

- Continue to be true to my husband, kiss him often, and thank him for being my best friend.

- Live well, laugh a lot, and always remember how lucky we have it!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

If you liked your 20s...you'll love your 30s! :-D
Happy, Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Tami said...

I hope you have a great birthday!!

Debz said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!
hitting my 30's was sooooo hard for me. I loved saying I was 20-something, didn't matter what 20, just 20-something. But 30 hit like a brick wall. But I got over it. Happy belated brithday!
I will definitely continue to read you - especially since I see we are kindred spirits (RED SOX). The babies are cuteys - I will have to go back and read some of your past posts.

Anonymous said...

You are going to love your 30's! I just turned 36 on July 22nd and this decade has been great! Happy Birthday!