Fun New Website!!

Suggsested new website: Okay, I just came across this fabulous website, which you can buy T-shirts, that say "Mommy needs a cocktail" !!! LOVE IT!!!! They have blogs and lots of fun mommy banter. Check it out - http://mommyneedsacocktail.com/


from my sister-in-law....
http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/index.php
Hungry Girl, is a website set up to provide you with latest diets and low cal ideas for dinner etc... There are weekly weigh-ins and chats to join. Check out this fun website!
~ Thanks Brenda!




Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I'm just here to pick up my mail"

So over the week, I was at the beach (AKA - Island Grove in Abington) and I was sitting w/2 of my girlfriends (fellow mama's) and we were talking about some crazy mom stories that we all seem to have. A friend of mine says "you have to tell the story about the mail". .... so here we go...

Reflecting back when I was 6 mnths pregnant w/Rosie (winter 2008). It had been snowing for days and my husband had been plowing for - I don't know - like 75 hrs straight or something ridiculous like that. I am super exhausted being pregnant, and taking after 2 toddlers for 3 dys alone w/out any relief (also being house bound by the 3 feet of snow that has piled up in my driveway). Finally he came home on a Friday morning (thank goodness, because I had an OB apt. that I couldn't miss). I also needed to go by the post office and pick up our mail (that hasn't been delivered because there was NO way in Hell I was going to get my prego ars outside to shovel). So after my apt. I drove to the post office, (we have 2 in our town) of course I drive to the wrong one... UGHHHH.... then I get back in my car to drive to the other one across town. I get out, go in -STAND IN LINE , 5 people deep..... waiting to get up to the desk. I finally get up to the teller and hand her the little card from the mail man that says that I have days worth of mail to pick up. SO I kindly hand her the card and say "I am just here to pick up my mail". She looks at me crossed and walks away. ..... I wait,... and wait...... and I can see her talking to the other tellers. Hmmmm???? ... I then look around, at the people in line w/their deposit slips, I see the ATM, and then I see all the signs that say ABINGTON SAVINGS BANK! ... OMG, I am in a freakin BANK! .... I had to stand there, and wait for this teller to come back and hand me my slip, and she goes " Uhmmm" and I knew -- I just knew how foolish I must have looked. I responded to her Uhmmm with " I know.. I am in a bank!, can you tell me where the post office is?" .....

That's one of those prego moments that I will NEVER forget!

No comments: