Fun New Website!!

Suggsested new website: Okay, I just came across this fabulous website, which you can buy T-shirts, that say "Mommy needs a cocktail" !!! LOVE IT!!!! They have blogs and lots of fun mommy banter. Check it out - http://mommyneedsacocktail.com/


from my sister-in-law....
http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/index.php
Hungry Girl, is a website set up to provide you with latest diets and low cal ideas for dinner etc... There are weekly weigh-ins and chats to join. Check out this fun website!
~ Thanks Brenda!




Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Crazy Cake Lady - MIA?



The Crazy Cake Lady, oh how I do miss her!...

Last year was surprising success for my small little business of baking cakes out of my kitchen. I would average 4-5 cakes a weekend, and my kitchen and myself was constantly covered in frosting. But the timing wasn't right - I was devoted to creating a family of 5, and decided to become pregnant with my 3rd baby, (who I just recently gave birth to in April). I am thrilled beyond expectations of how wonderful it is to have such a healthy and beautiful family. Although, I miss my "caking" days (those in the baking world, who simply create cakes, call ourselves cakers instead of bakers). But if you asked my husband he would say he does NOT miss the constant talk about cakes, frosting, and designs, nor does he miss our messy kitchen which had cake pans, and spatula's all over the counter tops.
Now I am trying to muster up the energy to start volunteer work again baking cakes for a local shelter. (below ~ Birthday Wishes Charity) I enjoyed being part of such a amazing charity.

Above is a picture of a cake I created last year ~ ENJOY!

No comments: