Fun New Website!!

Suggsested new website: Okay, I just came across this fabulous website, which you can buy T-shirts, that say "Mommy needs a cocktail" !!! LOVE IT!!!! They have blogs and lots of fun mommy banter. Check it out - http://mommyneedsacocktail.com/


from my sister-in-law....
http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/index.php
Hungry Girl, is a website set up to provide you with latest diets and low cal ideas for dinner etc... There are weekly weigh-ins and chats to join. Check out this fun website!
~ Thanks Brenda!




Friday, September 19, 2008

Are "time outs" okay at 1:30 am????

So, since we have come home from our 9 dy family vacation, my 2 1/2 yr old daughter has been "out of sorts" at night. My oldest 2 - sleep in the same room together allowing my newborn, to have her own room (for the time being -until after Christmas, when I have plans to put the 2 girls together, and let my son have his own "boy" room). While down the cape, we had the oldest 2 in different beds, on either side of their bedroom, which worked out very well. - So, when we came home, I figured why not try to keep their beds separated to start the whole "separation process before Christmas"??? .... That day we moved their beds far apart...... I guess for my Daugher this was TOO FAR.

For the past 6 nights, she has woken up crying (EVERY NIGHT) some nights multiple times, crying saying she's scared, doesn't like her bed over here, monsters etc......we are constantly reassuring her there are NO such monsters (*note to self - get rid of the movie Monsters Inc.) and that everything is fine, and she is OKAY.

Last night was the worst. She cried and cried, and then we would go in, settle her back into bed, tuck her in all cozy, turn on the music box, kiss her, tell her we love her....and leave the room. 10 min. later --- crying again. (sigh) This went on for about 3 hrs last night. While the entire time I am worried she is going to wake up both of the other children. Which she did, of course.......

I tried being nice, sweet, kind....

I tried threatening her and saying if she doesn't stop crying I would take her blankie away (she loves this thing -so gross - used to be pink, now its a gross pink/brown)

I tried sending my husband in, to see if "daddy" could comfort her and get her back to sleep....

I tried seeing if she needed to go potty? ... she peed - a little... but not much to keep her awake at night?

I tried laying there with her in bed....

I tried telling her how much fun we would have tomorrow just the girls while my son was in school.

THEN THE SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS Started......... and I mean SCREAMING!!!!!!! full out temper tantrum at 1 -freakin' 30 in the morning!

So then I tried - TIME OUT - mat in the kitchen... yes, I brought her down into the kitchen and sat her on the time out mat with the only dark light on above the kitchen stove. I sat there in the kitchen w/her and started to cry myself... (yup, tears were rolling down BOTH of our faces) I sat there & waited until she stop crying and she said "sorry mama".

I thought I had it.... okay, now its OVER .... we can all go to bed......

NOPE -- 10 min later, she is screaming again. - Oh, now I realize she didn't eat much dinner, maybe she is hungry?

Okay - I then tried bringing her BACK downstairs, gave her a cup of water, and some crackers.... she ate ONE cracker, and said she was done. (must not have been hungry?)... goes back to bed, I tuck her in.......

SCREAMING ............................. SCREAMING .................

I go in and yell "ITS FREAKIN' BEDTIME! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH - GO TO BED!" .... that seemed to work! All was quiet after mama yelled.

Yes -- I yelled at my child. Yes it was 3:30 am by this point, and I had ENOUGH.


Some days, mama has just has had ENOUGH. --- Some days I need a glass of wine, some days I need a bottle!

No comments: